2.05.2012

is this the real life? is this just fantasy?

My friends and I have this tradition of surprising each other on our respective birthdays. And it's funny 'cause even though we've been up to this for quite some time now, we still manage to take the one we happen to be celebrating by surprise every time. Yesterday was no exception. We surprised Bincy in a major way (I can still hear her big, astonished squeal when she turned and saw us) by showing up at what she thought would be a simple movie date with her sister, and it was the best! After the movie (we saw Big Miracle; I recommend it) we went to a pet store and spent a good 2 hours heavily petting just about all the cute puppies there. Dinner was at a pub called Meehan's; they have the best salmon (on a bed of haricot verts and spinach) I've ever tasted! We're not very extravagant, my friends and me, but we have the best times together. Always. I love you guys!!

Now Playing: A Million Years by Alexander 

pentax k1000 // fujifilm superia x-tra

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I had so much fun with you guys! As far as the "is this the real life? is this just fantasy?" questions, I think that this the real life and we can continue to make it that way. You know how you can make your dreams come true? Well, when we were all hanging out, there were moments when I felt like it was a dream because everything was just WONDERFUL. So, daah'lin, this is the real life, you know, the one where our dreams are coming true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! We always manage to surprise the birthday girl, and it's the best feeling ever! Yesterday was a fantastic day and I'm sooo glad we could all be there for Bincy! :) Karen, these photographs look stunning! We didn't get a chance to dance at Meehan's (other than take that Bessy sandwich photo), but next time we will dance so hard that we'll probably go through the floor ;) Can't wait till we come to Athens!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh!! I'm dying from pleasure. I miss y'all already. :-)

      Delete
  3. I have to agree with Bessy...I LOVE the photos you took....they look super professional...from now on I just want to be photographed by you ;-)...Bincy's Birthday surprise was really great. I'll never forget her expression and the fact that she didn't even recognize us at first...hahahaha..that was the best. I can't wait for us to hang out again, it should be super fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, y'all make me blush, LOL. We're gonna tear Athens up when y'all get here.

      Delete
  4. Such a fun tradition! And I loved these pictures too. And all your friends look like such nice and fun people!

    You have a lovely blog by the way, I subscribed right away, which I don't do often;)

    ReplyDelete