11.05.2012

as they lay sleeping: fiona + 1

I've been doing a conceptual piece on sleep for my photography class lately. Presently, it is titled as they lay sleeping, but that name might change yet. Fiona and her boyfriend were the first people I shot for it. Basically, I come over and set up in your bedroom then allow you to sleep with the lights on (that way when I come back to photograph later, I don't interrupt your sleep by flicking on the lights). I lounge about your place as I wait for said sleep to come over you. Then once I'm satisfied you're asleep enough, I creep back into your bedroom and take portraits of you in your perhaps most vulnerable state. It's creepy and it borders on voyeur, but so many exciting stories have come out of doing it. So for now I'm okay with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment