1.03.2013

happy new year!


A little belated, but all the same -- Happy New Year! The last time I was on here I was a little mopish. But no longer!

There's no rhyme or reason to the collage above. It is simply random bits and bobs I threw together to commemorate a year that was infinitely revealing. A year in which I:

attended my first college football game (it needed to be done before I graduated). consumed massive amounts of chai (even more than usual). got coaxed into joining my church's worship team (one of the rare times succumbing to peer pressure worked out for me). played fast and loose with my heart (one of the many times peer pressure did NOT work out for me). tried my hands at documentary making. became acquainted with rejection. photographed people in their sleep. took the shortest cross-country trip of my life yet (a little over 24 hours in L.A. to see Ben Howard in concert). was consistently broke (not a good time. AT ALL). became a barista. learned to cry. graduated from college...

2012 was quite the year, but 2013 promises some pretty intense self-actualization. I'm excited. Cheers!

Now Playing: My Dear Acquaintance by Regina Spektor

2 comments:

  1. Karen! Happy New Year! Wish I got to see your face around here more often. What are you up to now that you're graduated? I meant to write in response to your post below, that I can totally relate. I'll be graduating in 4 months time and all of a sudden failure seems very real...and possibly close by! Glad you're in better spirits now though, and I loved looking at your fun collage. Sounds like it was a great year for you (I didn't know you were a singer- awesome, and the mini-road trip sounds like an adventureee) !


    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments make me so happy and (no pressure or anything but) they also keep me blogging. Sometimes it feels like I'm talking to myself, but knowing that someone else is reading really validates the whole venture for me. So thank you!

      Delete